Friday, August 21, 2015

10. We Built this City on Rock 'n Roll

Heavy Beat and Simple Melodies, those are the characteristics of Rock and Roll music... Whenever I hear the beat of the drums and the strums of the guitars supported by the bass, I would instantly call that "Rock Music".

A lot of rock bands came across my lives like "Greenday", "My Chemical Romance", "Paramore"
"Mayday Parade", "Fall Out Boys", etc... But there are some solo rock artists too like the rock turned pop "Avril Lavigne"... But last week, I attended the concert of "The Maine" and "All Time Low"... I dont know a lot about "The Maine" and I'm not an avid fan of "All Time Low" either... But I've been much more exposed to "All Time Low" compared to "The Maine" (That I really dont have an idea). My ticket was my friends "birthday gift" to me so I was very happy when she told me the plan...

Weeks came and I prepared... My playlist played endless "All Time Low" songs (Because I am planning to memorize them but unfortunately, I have a lot of stuff to do that's why I only managed to memorize a few) but still, I AM EXCITED.

I went to my friends place and ate a lot before we left (because the concert will start at 8:30PM and will end at probably 11:00PM)... When we arrived at the MOA Arena, there are A LOT OF PEOPLE WEARING BLACK... It's as if they are going to a burial or something, but what do I expect? it is a Rock Concert, and of course, a lot of "EMO" people would come... (Good thing my outfit that night only has minimal black in it -- compared to the others that came)

We went inside the MOA Arena and me and my friend went straight to Starbucks to buy 2 cups of Coffee Jelly (our all time favorite) and went to our seats (reserved seating). When we got there, a lot of people are already inside, most of them are standing and waiting for the concert to start until someone besides us screamed and is looking at the seats right above us, we also looked at the same direction and we saw ALL TIME LOW... They we're just sitting there, watching us... I WAS SO STARSTRUCKED THAT I FORGOT TO TAKE THEIR PICTURE... At that time, I was very ecstatic, all my blood are rushing all throughout my body. The people downstairs -- in the VIP Area -- are screaming "All Time Low - All Time Low" so all of us followed their lead until everyone is screaming. But a voice -- I dont know from who -- said that "The Program wont proceed until everyone is seated" (British Accent) so everyone started to rush to their seats. When the whole arena is calmed down, the lights closed, and everyone screamed and the next thing I new is the spotlight is focused at the Vocalist of the band "The Maine"...

                                         To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment