Friday, August 21, 2015

13. Anti-Smoking Campaign

Well, I am not a smoker, but there are times that I would like to try, but of course I wont. I dont smoke, so I'm not affected with this "Anti-Smoking" campaign... But what about those who smoke? I have friends that smoke, and I myself tells them to stop smoking...

Why do people smoke in the first place?! I talked to some of my friends and all of them gave the same reason on why they smoke...

            They SMOKE because of STRESS/PROBLEMS.

They told me that SMOKING  is somehow a STRESS RELIEVER... It's as if when they breathe the smoke out, their problems come out with the smoke... Yes, it can be a stress reliever for them, but how about the people around them? How about planet earth? The smoke itslef is very harmful for them (smokers), us (non-smokers), and this planet we are living in.

It would be helpful for them when they smoke because it can relieve their stress, but what about their body? Is it healthy for them to take it? Well, no one could stop them... But we can help them stop, but the decision would still fall in their hands if they would stop smoking or not. So I'm 50/50 in this "Anti-Smoking Campaign". 50% YES because I would of course, want them to stop smoking, 50% NO because it would be useless if we make a campaign like this because of course, they would still find a way to smoke because sometimes, smoking became a part of their life, its like a part of their cycle.

What I'm thinking about is that we should hold seminars, and like, you can sign-up for a program that will help the smoker to control his smoking, it's like a one on one session (that would probably last for a month) to control the smokers smoking, it's a long and slow process, but it can help... The smoker itself should sign up becuase it would be their CHOICE to stop smoking. Its somehow like a rehab, but the Guidance Councilors of the school would operate. The officials of the schools should help them (not that I'm treating "SMOKING" as a disease), it's just to show them that these adults are willing to give their hands to help them change.

No comments:

Post a Comment