Saturday, July 18, 2015

6. PROCRASTINATION

Procrastination (noun)   - The act of delaying or postponing something


   Procrastinators... I admit that I am one, but I know that I am an effective procrastinator...But it's something that I should not do because it's bad. I know what I should do first but I would keep saying on my mind "I'd just do it tomorrow" or "I'll just do it next time".

   Now that I am in college, I am loaded with a lot of tasks that are very challenging and time consuming so, as a responsible student, I should do my tasks efficiently. So, no more procrastinating and if I were given a task, I should do it RIGHT AWAY. Well, I somehow overcame my procrastinating, How? Huge amounts of SELF CONTROL and DETERMINATION.

   SELF CONTROL, becuase you should be able to control yourself and not be lazy. You should control yourself to move and do the important tasks appointed to you right after it is given to you. Well, I can say that even though you are not a procrastinator, you still need self control so you can control everything that you do. If you are an adult, I'm assuming that you already know what's RIGHT and what's WRONG.

   DETERMINATION, because you should be determined to do something you should do. You need INSPIRATION so you can do the task much more efficiently. Imagine yourself doing something for someone you love. Would you give a SIMPLE love letter to your special someone? Of course not, you would do everything just to give her the best because she deserves it.

   Cramming... Why do people cram? Because they dont know their priorities? Because they cant manage their time well? They dont balance playtime and study time? There are a lot of reasons why people cram. But to solve this, you need "TIME MANAGEMENT". But how do you manage your time? I manage my time by:
      First, KNOWING YOUR PRIORITIES - List all of the things you are going to do for the day, and weigh its importance... DO THE MOST IMPORTANT FIRST AND THE LEAST IMPORTANT LAST.

      Second, RESIST TEMPTATIONS - As you are doing your work, temptations will come... So, you should do your best to AVOID these temptations.

      Third, RELAX - After those heavy work, you will become exhausted. So, give yourself a break, have a kitkat, sleep, go to the spa, or something else that would make you happy and relaxed.

   Cramming is an avoidable event. You should just manage your time well and plan things ahead of time. And in doing those tasks you are assigned to, you should always do your best and make the most out of everything. Dont waste time because TIME IS VERY PRECIOUS. TIME IS GOLD.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment