Saturday, July 18, 2015

5. IMMORTALITY

"Immortality may be the loneliest thing ever invented." 

Immortality
(noun)
   
- the ability to live forever


   The ability to life forever itself is very frightening... Why? Because you may live forever, but the people around you cant. So, there is a probability that you may live alone, with no one to comfort and guide you. It's very hard to let go of the people you already got attached to. It may damage your mental and emotional strength.

   During this consecutive class suspensions, I've watched the movie "Fairy Tail and the Priestess of the Pheonix", and in that movie, they are fighting to get the Phoenix Stone that is said to resurrect the phoenix and give you eternal life. (Fun fact about the Phoenix is that it can rise (live again) from its ashes when it dies.) Personally, I can't imagine what would happen to me if I could live forever. I guess I cant bear to lose someone that I became so attached too. You could also see the drastic change in the world, from the peaceful days to the blood-stained-hands days.

   Why do people want to have Eternal Life?
        They'll have Power? Because they can live forever. They've been through a lot of things so their knowledge about life is very wide. These people that desires to live eternally doesn't think outside the box. They just focus on the "POWER" thing.

   Immortality? As far as I know, there are only 2 immortal entities in this life we are living. God, and his son, Jesus Christ... *no offense to those who have other beliefs* But I believe that everthing that is stated in the bible is TRUE. But it depends on the readers understanding, some may understand a certain phrase differently compared to others that read them...

   Would I want Immortality? Well, if you read my intro, it's filled with negativity towards the immortality concept. So, I DONT WANT IMMORTALITY. (Well, all of us would probably immortal when we die(?) I'm not sure. *ironic right?*) But in this world that's filled with hatred towards each other? I wouldnt want that.

   Wow, writing this blog was a big journey, I've learned a lot by searching about this topic... Immortality is sensitive because it overlaps different beliefs... Well, this topic is very complex and I dont know why I chose this topic HAHAHA :) But at least, I've managed to finish writing about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment